What personal information do we collect?
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, postcode and contact details.
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- business name including ABN/ ACN numbers;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, IP address and standard web log information;
any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us to be involved in CDR Month.
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- make an enquiry on our website or in person;
- communicate with us through correspondence via email, or when you share information with us from other services or websites.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our website and our other services;
to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, and information requested by you or related to your involvement in CDR Month;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you;
- to administer event ticketing, surveys, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
We may also disclose your personal information to:
- our business partners whom we have endorsed to offer relevant services such as event registration and management.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- our employees;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with CDR Month sponsorship or event registration);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Does personal information get sent overseas?
Using our website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website. While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our events that we consider may be of interest to you if you have requested or consented to receive such communications. These communications may be sent in various forms, including but not limited to, text message, and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). You consent to us sending you those direct marketing communications by any of those methods when using our website. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the details set out below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time.
If your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction or you still have a concern, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner in any of the following ways:
phone: 1300 363 992 email: email@example.com
fax: +61 2 9284 9666
mail: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001 or GPO Box 2999 Canberra ACT 2601
FinTech Australia Limited
11 York St L 8, Sydney, NSW 2000
Effective: 1 May 2023